Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates construction of civil engineering and building projects, and the physical and human resources involved in the construction process. Registration or licensing is required.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- interpreting architectural drawings and specifications
- coordinating labour resources, and procurement and delivery of materials, plant and equipment
- consulting with Architects, Engineering Professionals and other professionals, and Technical and Trades Workers
- negotiating with building owners, property developers and subcontractors involved in the construction process to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- preparing tenders and contract bids
- operating and implementing coordinated work programs for sites
- ensuring adherence to building legislation and standards of performance, quality, cost and safety
- arranging submission of plans to local authorities
- building under contract, or subcontracting specialised building services
- overseeing the standard and progress of subcontractors' work
- arranging building inspections by local authorities
- Building and Construction Manager
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
4 courses found.
CPC60212: Advanced Diploma of Building and Construction (Management)
22502VIC: Diploma of Project Management for Prefabricated Building Systems (Timber)
10818NAT: Course in Heritage Supervision
10604NAT: Certificate IV in Safety Leadership (WHS) – Construction