Organises and controls the operations of a cafe, restaurant or related establishment to provide dining and catering services.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
- planning menus in consultation with Chefs
- planning and organising special functions
- arranging the purchasing and pricing of goods according to budget
- maintaining records of stock levels and financial transactions
- ensuring dining facilities comply with health regulations and are clean, functional and of suitable appearance
- conferring with customers to assess their satisfaction with meals and service
- selecting, training and supervising waiting and kitchen staff
- may take reservations, greet guests and assist in taking orders
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Bistro Manager
- Canteen Manager
- Internet Cafe Manager
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
4 courses found.
|SIT60316: Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management|
|SIT50416: Diploma of Hospitality Management|
SIT40616: Certificate IV in Catering Operations
10200NAT: Course in Yield Management Fundamentals (Hospitality)