Organises and coordinates services for conferences, events, functions, banquets and seminars.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
- promoting conferences, conventions and trade shows to potential customers
- responding to inquiries concerning services provided and costs for room and equipment hire, catering and related services
- meeting with clients to discuss their needs and outlining package options to meet these needs
- arranging and coordinating services, such as conference facilities, catering, signage, displays, audiovisual equipment, accommodation, transport and social events, for participants
- organising registration of participants
- negotiating the type and costs of services to be provided within budget
- overseeing work by contractors and reporting on variations to work orders
- Event Manager
- Event Planner
- Exhibition Organiser
- Wedding Coordinator
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
4 courses found.