Organises and controls the operations of a railway station.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
- organising the purchase and maintenance of transport vehicles, equipment and fuel
- liaising with clients to determine requirements and providing customers with advice and information regarding vehicle type, purchase or hire rates and obligations and handling complaints
- receiving orders and bookings, and planning and implementing transportation schedules
- ensuring goods are stored and transported in conditions that will maintain their quality
- arranging collection and delivery of vehicles and goods
- maintaining business records and preparing operational statements and reports
- coordinating activities associated with the arrival, departure, loading and unloading of trains
- ensuring compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.