Teaches one or more subjects within a prescribed course of study at a technical and further education (TAFE) institute, polytechnic or other training institute to tertiary students for vocational education and training purposes. Registration or licensing is required.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification or a postgraduate diploma in adult education. In some instances relevant industry and vocational education experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- identifying the various needs of students and creating effective learning options to meet these needs
- liaising with individuals, industry and education sectors to ensure provision of relevant programs and services
- planning, designing and developing course curriculum and method of instruction
- advising students on courses and related matters
- teaching students using teaching aids including presentation of lesson materials, discussions, workshops, laboratory sessions, multimedia aids and computer tutorials
- marking and grading students' assignments, papers and exams and providing feedback to students about their progress
- maintaining records of students' progress, attendance and training activities
- consulting with Education Managers, Librarians, Student Counsellors and other support staff
- Adult Education Teacher
- TAFE Lecturer
- TAFE Teacher
- Workplace Trainer and Assessor
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
8 courses found.
TAE80316: Graduate Certificate in Digital Education
TAE80213: Graduate Diploma of Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy Leadership
TAE80113: Graduate Diploma of Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy Practice
|TAE70110: Vocational Graduate Certificate in Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy Practice|
TAE50216: Diploma of Training Design and Development
TAE50116: Diploma of Vocational Education and Training
|TAE40116: Certificate IV in Training and Assessment|
52823WA: Course in Applied Vocational Study Skills (CAVSS)