Prepares and delivers estimates and cost plans for construction projects up to the tender settlement stage.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
- assisting Construction Managers, Architects and Surveyors in planning and organisation
- interpreting plans, regulations and codes of practice
- preparing preliminary sketches, working drawings and specifications
- preparing, editing and revising plans, maps, charts and drawings
- coordinating works programs
- inspecting work and materials for compliance with specifications, regulations and standards
- calculating costs and estimating time scales
- collecting data using surveying instruments and photogrammetric equipment
- performing routine computations and plotting preliminary data
- Building Estimator
- Architectural Draftsperson
- Architectural, Building and Surveying Technicians Nec
- Building Associate
- Building Inspector
- Plumbing Inspector
- Surveying or Spatial Science Technician
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
3 courses found.
MEM50119: Diploma of Engineering - Advanced Trade
CPC40308: Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Estimating)
22311VIC: Course in Retrofitting for Energy and Water Efficiency