Manufactures and repairs prototype production units and purpose-built vehicle bodies such as buses, trucks, fire engines and caravans. Registration or licensing may be required.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
- constructing framework sections in metal, wood, fibreglass and other materials using shaping machines and cutting and welding equipment
- bolting, screwing, riveting and welding sections together to form complete frameworks
- cutting and shaping panels of sheetmetal, aluminium and reinforced plastic and attaching to frameworks using hand and power tools
- modifying assembly line vehicles to special requirements
- preparing new vehicle trim work according to drawings and sketches, and removing old coverings and fittings from vehicles and taking new measurements
- selecting and cutting pieces of fabric, vinyl and leather and sewing pieces together using heavy-duty sewing machines
- installing internal trim in vehicles such as lining, floor coverings and armrests
- attaching door trims, rubber seals, locks and handles
- Vehicle Body Maker
- Coach Builder
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
8 courses found.
MSM41015: Certificate IV in Recreational Vehicles
|MSM31115: Certificate III in Recreational Vehicle Manufacturing|
|AUR32116: Certificate III in Automotive Body Repair Technology|
AUM50113: Diploma of Automotive Manufacturing
AUM40113: Certificate IV in Automotive Manufacturing
|AUM30218: Certificate III in Automotive Manufacturing Technical Operations - Bus, Truck and Trailer|
|AUM30213: Certificate III in Automotive Manufacturing Technical Operations - Bus, Truck and Trailer|
AUM30113: Certificate III in Automotive Manufacturing Technical Operations - Passenger Motor Vehicle