Makes and repairs jewellery such as rings, brooches, chains and bracelets, crafts objects out of precious metals, or cuts, shapes and polishes rough gemstones to produce fashion or industrial jewels.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
- examining designs and specifications for jewellery and precious metal objects
- shaping moulded metal by cutting, filing, beating, turning and bending, using specialised hand and power tools
- assembling articles by soldering, screwing, riveting and otherwise joining
- securing precious stones in retaining prongs and ridges, and smoothing and checking final settings
- engraving designs on ring settings, brooches, bracelets and other articles
- repairing jewellery by soldering, replacing and rebuilding worn and broken parts
- appraising the quality and value of jewellery
- cutting and dividing stones to approximate final shape, using precision hand and power tools and jigs
- securing stones and shapes, cutting angles, smoothing and polishing
- finishing articles using files, emery paper and buffing machines
- restyling old jewellery
- Diamond Cutter
- Gem Setter
- Opal Polisher
- Ring Maker
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
9 courses found.
|MSS40316: Certificate IV in Competitive Systems and Practices|
|MSS30316: Certificate III in Competitive Systems and Practices|
|MSA40108: Certificate IV in Manufacturing Technology|
|MSA30208: Certificate III in Manufacturing Technology|
MEM60211: Advanced Diploma of Jewellery and Object Design
MEM50311: Diploma of Jewellery and Object Design
MEM40311: Certificate IV in Advanced Jewellery Manufacture
|MEM30619: Certificate III in Jewellery Manufacture|
MEM30605: Certificate III in Jewellery Manufacture