Carries out preventative dental procedures under the direction of a Dentist. Registration or licensing is required.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
- providing educational programs to motivate children, parents and the community in matters relating to oral health
- providing fluoride therapy by applying remineralising solutions and desensitising agents
- removing deposits from teeth
- applying non-invasive fissure sealants to teeth
- taking impressions of the mouth
- taking dental radiographs
- administering local anaesthesia by infiltration and mandibular nerve block
- fabricating full and partial dentures
- constructing mouth guards, crowns, metal clasps, inlays, bridgework and other aids
- repairing and relining denture bases
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
5 courses found.
HLT26015: Certificate II in Population Health
22282VIC: Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace
10740NAT: Certificate IV in Women's Advocacy
10739NAT: Certificate III in Women's Advocacy
10286NAT: Advanced Diploma of Oral Health (Dental Hygiene)