Sells and serves food and beverages for consumption on premises in a cafe or similar establishment.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below. AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
- preparing and serving food and beverages for consumption on the premises
- taking customers' food and beverage orders
- operating cash registers, accepting payments and preparing sales invoices
- clearing away used dishes and cutlery from tables when customers are finished
- cleaning and preparing tables for use
- washing dishes, cutlery and cooking utensils
- cleaning cafe equipment such as coffee grinders, espresso machines and ice makers
- participating in stocktakes and assisting in putting away new stock
- providing backup to other cafe employees
- Cafe Assistant
- Cafe Attendant
- Canteen Attendant
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
2 courses found.
|SIT30616: Certificate III in Hospitality|
|SIT20316: Certificate II in Hospitality|