Coordinates and directs sporting activities, and liaises with other officials to interpret and enforce sporting rules and regulations. Registration or licensing may be required.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3). The occupation Sports Development Officer has a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
- coaching, training and instructing sportspersons by analysing performances and developing abilities
- planning and directing game strategies, developing play patterns and analysing game progress
- motivating Sportspersons and supervising practice sessions
- recruiting players and other coaching staff
- arranging entries into sporting competitions
- promoting sports and skills development, and overseeing the participation of young people in sport
- officiating at sporting events to enforce rules
- coordinating and directing sporting activities, and liaising with other officials to interpret and enforce rules and regulations relating to sport
- Timekeeper (Sports)
- Diving Instructor (Open Water)
- Dog or Horse Racing Official
- Gymnastics Coach or Instructor
- Horse Riding Coach or Instructor
- Other Sports Coach or Instructor
- Snowsport Instructor
- Sports Development Officer
- Sports Umpire
- Swimming Coach or Instructor
- Tennis Coach
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
4 courses found.
|SIS50612: Diploma of Sport Development|
|SIS40612: Certificate IV in Sport Development|
SIS40419: Certificate IV in Sport Development
|SIS30115: Certificate III in Sport and Recreation|