Answers customer telephone, Internet and email inquiries about goods and services, and promotes the goods and services.
The occupation Call or Contact Centre Team Leader has a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3).The occupation Call or Contact Centre Operator has a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4).
- answering incoming calls, emails and messages, and assisting customers with their specific inquiries
- identifying requirements and recording information into computer systems
- coaching staff and assisting call centre operators to resolve problems and customer inquiries
- developing rosters and managing staff numbers to meet work flows
- listening to calls conducted by call centre operators and providing performance feedback
- monitoring and timing calls
- creating further interest in goods and services by offering customers more information about goods and inviting customers to use services on offer
- updating databases to reflect changes to the status of customers and prospective customers
- arranging the despatch of goods, information kits and brochures to customers and interested parties
- undertaking clerical duties, such as faxing, and filling out paperwork, and liaising with other departments associated with completing the customer contact
- issuing invoices and receiving electronic payments for goods and services provided
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.