Prepares payroll and related records for employee salaries and statutory record-keeping purposes.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
- creating files for new employees to record payroll data
- maintaining and updating files for existing employees to record information such as employee contact details, leave taken, overtime, promotions, transfers, tax deductions, health insurance payments and superannuation
- preparing payroll data from time sheets and other payroll and personnel records
- processing payment of wages and salaries
- issuing and recording adjustments to employees' pay
- interpreting industrial awards
- providing information to employees and managers about payroll matters such as tax issues, benefits and deductions
- finalising files and arrangements when employees retire, resign or transfer
- may be involved in maintaining superannuation and other deduction and contribution records
- Pay Clerk
- Payroll Officer
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.