Trims and cuts meat from bones, sides and carcasses.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
- operating switching controls to direct and drop carcasses and meat cuts from supply rails to boning tables
- cutting meat to separate meat, fat and tissue from around bones
- washing, scraping and trimming foreign material and blood from meat
- cutting sides and quarters of meat into standard meat cuts, such as rumps, flanks and shoulders, and removing internal fat, blood clots, bruises and other matter to prepare them for packing and marketing
- operating restrainer and stunning equipment
- severing jugular veins of stunned animals to drain blood and facilitate dressing
- trimming and removing head meat and severing animal heads
- slitting open, eviscerating and trimming animal carcasses
- may slaughter livestock according to procedures required by religious customs
- Meat Trimmer
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
One course found.
|AMP30116: Certificate III in Meat Processing (Boning Room)|