Performs routine tasks in a paper and pulp mill such as placing logs onto conveyors for chipping, and loading woodchip and pulp for processing.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below. AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
- rolling logs from trucks and conveyors to log decks, saw carriages and stacking bays
- placing logs and wood billets onto conveyors and lathes for processing into chips, veneers and pulp
- sorting and stacking timber during milling
- placing timber for processing by machines and unloading cut timber from tail end of machines
- assisting with setting up and operating plant and ancillary equipment used in the manufacture of sheets and boards
- transporting processed wood products, such as plywood, chipboard sheets and panels, to work areas
- clearing blockages in machines
- assisting with measuring and cutting materials
- packing and loading finished products for transportation
- cleaning work areas, tools and equipment
- Pulp, Paper Making and Paper Products Labourer
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
5 courses found.