Performs routine tasks on a dairy farm such as herding and milking cattle.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below. AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
- patrolling, inspecting and reporting on the condition of livestock
- providing livestock with feed and water
- assisting with maintaining the health and welfare of livestock
- mustering and droving livestock to milking and shearing sheds and between paddocks to ensure sufficient feed is available
- washing and cleaning udders, and attaching milking machines to udders and milking cows
- collecting eggs and placing in incubators
- herding sheep for shearing and keeping mobs separate during shearing
- spreading fleeces on skirting tables for classing, pressing wool and branding bales
- exercising horses by walking, riding, leading and swimming, and attending to horses at track work, barrier trials and races
- cleaning stables and hatcheries, storing bedding and performing minor repairs on fixtures, buildings and fences
- assembling, preparing and storing horse gear
- Beef Cattle Farm Worker
- Livestock Farm Workers Nec
- Mixed Livestock Farm Worker
- Poultry Farm Worker
- Sheep Farm Worker
- Wool Handler
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
3 courses found.
|AHC30216: Certificate III in Agriculture (Dairy Production)|
|AHC30116: Certificate III in Agriculture|
|AHC21216: Certificate II in Rural Operations|