Prepares a restricted range of foods in a fast food establishment.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below. AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
- taking and serving food and beverage orders, and receiving payment from customers
- preparing food such as hamburgers, pizzas, fish and chips
- washing, cutting, measuring and mixing foods for cooking
- operating cooking equipment such as grills, microwaves and deep-fat fryers
- cleaning food preparation areas, cooking surfaces and utensils
- ordering and taking delivery of fast food ingredients
- may arrange delivery of prepared food and beverages
- Short Order Cook
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.