Assists the work of Social Workers and Welfare Workers by providing services and support to families.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
- assessing clients' needs and planning, developing and implementing educational, training and support programs
- interviewing clients and assessing the nature and extent of difficulties
- monitoring and reporting on the progress of clients
- referring clients to agencies that can provide additional help
- assessing community need and resources for health, welfare, housing, employment, training and other facilities and services
- liaising with community groups, welfare agencies, government bodies and private businesses about community issues and promoting awareness of community resources and services
- supporting families and providing education and care for children and disabled persons in adult service units, group housing and government institutions
- supervising offenders on probation and parole
- assisting young people to solve social, emotional and financial problems
- preparing submissions for funding and resources, and reports to government bodies and other agencies
- Community Worker
- Disabilities Services Officer
- Parole or Probation Officer
- Residential Care Officer
- Youth Worker
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
10 courses found.
HLT26015: Certificate II in Population Health
CHC81215: Graduate Certificate in Statutory Child Protection
CHC51115: Diploma of Financial Counselling
|CHC50313: Diploma of Child, Youth and Family Intervention|
|CHC40313: Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention|
22559VIC: Course in Firelighting Consequence Awareness Program
10740NAT: Certificate IV in Women's Advocacy
10739NAT: Certificate III in Women's Advocacy
10273NAT: Course in Family Wellbeing Facilitation
10272NAT: Certificate II in Family Wellbeing