Plans, organises, directs, controls and reviews the day-to-day operations and major functions of a commercial, industrial, governmental or other organisation through departmental managers and subordinate executives.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- planning policy, and setting standards and objectives for organisations
- providing day-to-day direction and management of organisations, and directing and endorsing policy to fulfil objectives, achieve specific goals, and maximise profit and efficiency
- assessing changing situations and responding accordingly by issuing commands and directives to subordinate staff
- consulting with immediate subordinates and departmental heads on matters such as methods of operation, equipment requirements, finance, sales and human resources
- authorising the funding of major policy implementation programs
- representing the organisation at official occasions, in negotiations, at conventions, seminars, public hearings and forums, and liaising between areas of responsibility
- preparing, or arranging for the preparation of, reports, budgets and forecasts, and presenting them to governing bodies
- selecting and managing the performance of senior staff
- may undertake responsibility for some or all of accounting, sales, marketing, human resources and other specialist operations
- Chief Operating Officer
- Assistant Commissioner (Police)
- Hospital Administrator
- Managing Editor
- Trade Union Secretary
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
4 courses found.
BSB80220: Graduate Diploma of Portfolio Management
BSB60420: Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
BSB50420: Diploma of Leadership and Management
11142NAT: Diploma of Risk Management and Business Continuity