Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs farming operations to grow table or wine grapes.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- planning and coordinating the production and marketing of crops, such as grain, cotton, sugar cane, fruit and nuts, vegetables, turf and flowers, from soil preparation to harvest taking into account environmental and market factors
- selecting and planting seeds, seedlings and bulbs, and grafting new varieties to root stocks
- maintaining crop production by cultivating, de-budding and pruning, and maintaining optimal growing conditions
- organising and conducting farming operations, such as collecting, storing, grading and packaging produce, and organising the sale, purchase and despatch of produce
- directing and overseeing general farming activities such as fertilising and pest and weed control
- maintaining farm buildings, fences, equipment and water supply systems
- maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity, and planning crop preparation and production to meet contract requirements and market demand
- managing business capital including budgeting, taxation, debt and loan management
- may select, train and supervise staff and contractors
- Cotton Grower
- Crop Farmers Nec
- Flower Grower
- Fruit or Nut Grower
- Grain, Oilseed or Pasture Grower
- Mixed Crop Farmer
- Sugar Cane Grower
- Turf Grower
- Vegetable Grower
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
7 courses found.
AHC52122: Diploma of Permaculture
|AHC51816: Diploma of Organic Farming|
AHC51519: Diploma of Viticulture
|AHC50116: Diploma of Agriculture|
|AHC41616: Certificate IV in Organic Farming|
|AHC40122: Certificate IV in Agriculture|
|AHC40116: Certificate IV in Agriculture|