Develops and implements programs and regulations for the protection of fish, wildlife and other natural resources.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- evaluating habitat, wildlife and fisheries needs, and formulating short- and long-term management goals and objectives
- enforcing laws and regulations to conserve and protect fish and wildlife
- carrying out environmental impact assessments for a wide range of development projects
- proposing solutions to address negative environmental impact
- studying the effects of factors, such as terrain, altitude, climatic and environmental change, sources of nutrition, predators and the impacts of humans, on animal and plant life
- studying and analysing pollution, atmospheric conditions, demographic characteristics, ecology, mineral, soil and water samples
- developing conservation and management policies for biological resources, such as fish populations and forests, and establishing standards and developing approaches for the control of pollution and the rehabilitation of areas disturbed by activities such as mining, timber felling and overgrazing
- implementing policies and organising activities in designated parks and other areas to conserve and protect natural and cultural heritage
- participating in management planning by providing environmental information and making inventories of plants, animals and items of cultural and heritage significance
- Landcare Facilitator (Aus)
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
6 courses found.
AHC31421: Certificate III in Conservation and Ecosystem Management
22608VIC: Certificate IV in Science
22607VIC: Certificate III in Science
11087NAT: Diploma of Marine Habitat Conservation and Restoration
11078NAT: Certificate IV in Marine Habitat Conservation and Restoration
10749NAT: Certificate II in Marine Habitat Conservation and Restoration