Develops, enforces and evaluates environmental health policies, programs and strategies to improve health outcomes, and oversees the implementation and monitoring of environmental health legislation. Registration or licensing may be required.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- developing, implementing and reviewing environmental health management plans and occupational health and safety plans
- preparing and implementing plans and strategies for the safe, economic and suitable disposal of commercial, industrial, medical and household wastes
- advising on and enforcing legislation, implementing prevention programs and strategies for communicable diseases, food safety, waste water treatment and disposal systems, recreation and domestic water quality, contaminated and hazardous substances, and minimising air, sea, water and noise pollution to improve health outcomes
- identifying hazards, and assessing and controlling risks in the workplace
- developing, implementing and monitoring programs minimising workplace and environmental pollution involving chemical and physical hazards
- promoting ergonomic principles within the workplace such as matching furniture, equipment and work activities to the needs of employees
- inspecting and auditing workplaces, processes, plant, and chemical and physical hazards for legislative compliance
- training employees in personal protective equipment and safe working procedures
- recording and investigating injuries and equipment damage, and reporting safety performance
- coordinating the return of injured workers into the workplace
- Food Safety Auditor
- Food Safety Officer
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
One course found.
10913NAT: Advanced Diploma of Building Biology