Provides individuals and groups with information about career choices and assists individuals with self-development.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- working with clients on career, study and employment options by obtaining and examining information relevant to their abilities and needs
- providing information and resources to assist clients with job-seeking skills
- assessing client needs in relation to treatment for drug and alcohol abuse
- conducting counselling interviews with individuals, couples and family groups
- assisting the understanding and adjustment of attitudes, expectations and behaviour to develop more effective interpersonal and marital relationships
- presenting alternative approaches and discussing potential for attitude and behaviour change
- consulting with clients to develop rehabilitation plans taking account of vocational and social needs
- contributing information, understanding and advice on the learning and behaviour of students, especially those with special needs, and assisting parents and teachers in dealing with these needs
- may work in a call centre
- Careers Adviser
- Counsellors Nec
- Drug and Alcohol Counsellor
- Family and Marriage Counsellor
- Rehabilitation Counsellor
- Student Counsellor
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
6 courses found.
CHC81315: Graduate Certificate in Career Development Practice
|CHC41215: Certificate IV in Career Development|
|CHC41115: Certificate IV in Employment Services|
11069NAT: Diploma of Positive Psychology and Wellbeing
11055NAT: Course in Mentoring for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Workforce Mentors
10766NAT: Certificate IV in Wellbeing Science