Prepares detailed drawings and plans for civil engineering work in support of Civil Engineering Professionals and Engineering Technologists. Registration or licensing may be required.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
- preparing sketches, charts, tabulations, plans and designs for civil engineering works such as drainage, water supply, sewerage reticulation systems, roads, airports, dams, bridges and other structures
- performing and directing fieldwork and laboratory testing
- interpreting work assignment instructions, applying appropriate procedures and selecting equipment
- collecting and analysing data, and carrying out computations
- estimating material costs and ensuring finished works are within specifications, regulations and contract provisions
- inspecting civil engineering works, and organising and supervising maintenance and repair work
- conducting field and laboratory tests of construction materials and soils, and collecting data for traffic surveys
- Civil Engineering Design Draftsperson
- Plumbing Engineering Draftsperson
- Road Design Draftsperson
- Sewage Reticulation Drafting Officer
- Structural Engineering Drafting Officer
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
4 courses found.
RII60520: Advanced Diploma of Civil Construction Design
RII50520: Diploma of Civil Construction Design
RII40820: Certificate IV in Civil Construction Design
MEM50119: Diploma of Engineering - Advanced Trade