Prepares detailed drawings and plans of mechanical engineering work in support of Mechanical Engineers and Engineering Technologists.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
- preparing drawings, plans and designs for mechanical engineering work under the direction of Mechanical Engineers and Engineering Technologists
- assisting Mechanical Engineers and Engineering Technologists in the design of mechanical equipment and plant
- selecting tools and equipment
- assembling and installing new and modified mechanical assemblies, components, machine tools and controls, and hydraulic power systems
- estimating material costs and quantities, and machine requirements
- performing and directing field and laboratory tests
- collecting and analysing data, carrying out complex computations and preparing diagrams
- organising and supervising inspection and maintenance of machines and plant
- ensuring that designs and finished work are within specifications, regulations and contract provisions
- Airconditioning Drafting Officer
- Heating and Ventilating Technical Officer
- Tool Design Draftsperson
- Tool Designer
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.