Inspects machines, equipment, working conditions and public places to ensure compliance with government and industry standards and regulations, in relation to occupational health and safety. Registration or licensing may be required.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
- examining equipment specifications, and inspecting and testing machines, equipment and clothing to ensure compliance with safety standards and serviceability
- inspecting factories and other work sites to ensure compliance with government and industry standards and regulations
- observing workers to ensure protective devices are being utilised according to regulations and that combustible and other hazardous materials are used and stored in accordance with approved procedures
- conducting tests in work areas to detect toxic fumes, explosive gas-air mixtures and other work hazards
- ensuring fire prevention equipment and other safety supplies, such as first aid kits, stretchers and blankets, conform to standards
- assisting in conducting safety meetings and campaigns, and organising training in general safety principles in keeping with regulations
- advising organisations on ways to comply with occupational health and safety legislative requirements
- investigating incidents and fatalities, to determine causes and to collect evidence of non-compliance with occupational health and safety legislation
- Boilers and Pressure Vessels Inspector
- Gas Examiner
- Lifts and Cranes Inspector
- Mines Inspector
- Occupational Health and Safety Inspector
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
11 courses found.
RII40220: Certificate IV in Surface Coal Mining (Open Cut Examiner)
|RII40120: Certificate IV in Surface Extraction Operations|
PRM40704: Certificate IV in Asset Maintenance (Fire Safety Systems Inspection)
|MEM50119: Diploma of Engineering - Advanced Trade|
DEF40520: Certificate IV in Simulator Maintenance
|BSB51319: Diploma of Work Health and Safety|
|BSB41419: Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety|
|BSB30719: Certificate III in Work Health and Safety|
22324VIC: Certificate IV in Electrical Inspection
11148NAT: Certificate IV in Lifting Equipment Testing and Inspection
11067NAT: Course in Swimming Pool Safety Inspections