Installs, tests, connects, commissions, maintains and modifies electrical equipment, wiring and control systems. Registration or licensing is required.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
- examining blueprints, wiring diagrams and specifications to determine sequences and methods of operation
- measuring and laying out installation reference points
- selecting, cutting and connecting wire and cable to terminals and connectors
- using electrical and electronic test instruments to trace and diagnose faults
- repairing and replacing faulty wiring and defective parts
- positioning and installing electrical switchboards
- connecting electrical systems to power supply
- testing continuity of circuit
- installing, testing and adjusting electric and mechanical parts of lifts
- Electrical Fitter
- Armature Winder
- Electrical Contractor
- Heavy Coil Winder
- Railway Signal Electrician
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
24 courses found.