Selects, cuts, trims, prepares and arranges meat for sale or supply, operates meat or smallgoods processing machines, or manages the processes in the production of smallgoods.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
- preparing meat for sale by removing bones, trimming fat and cutting, mincing and grinding meat to shape and size for display or as ordered
- preparing crumbed cuts of meat, and marinating, seasoning and curing special cuts
- selecting and preparing meat to produce smallgoods
- operating machines to grind, mix, mince and tenderise meat
- making seasonings and pickles by mixing spices, salt and other ingredients
- operating sausage filling machines, smoking chambers, and cooking kettles and vats
- advising customers on the suitability and uses of cuts of meat
- may assist in menu planning and scheduling, and in estimating food production costs
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
6 courses found.