Prepares, seasons and cooks food in a dining or catering establishment.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
- examining foodstuffs to ensure quality
- regulating temperatures of ovens, grills and other cooking equipment
- preparing and cooking food
- seasoning food during cooking
- portioning food, placing it on plates, and adding gravies, sauces and garnishes
- storing food in temperature controlled facilities
- preparing food to meet special dietary requirements
- may plan menus and estimate food requirements
- may train other kitchen staff and apprentices
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
9 courses found.