Builds, repairs and modifies boats. Registration or licensing may be required.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
- studying plans and specifications, and preparing templates and scale plans for fabrication and cutting of hull sections
- marking reference points and lines on dry docks and slipways
- checking position and functioning of slipway apparatus
- assembling shells of boats and erecting hull sections of ship
- erecting and preparing launching platforms, conducting pre-launch tests and supervising launching procedures
- installing masts, frames, decking, fittings, machines, shafts and safety equipment
- building and installing structures such as cabins, machine mountings, propeller supports and rudders
- determining repair requirements and procedures
- may make hull moulds and fabricate and repair vessels using materials such as aluminium, wood, glass, reinforced plastics, carbon fibre, Kevlar, fibreglass and concrete
- Composite Boat Builder
- Rigger (Boat)
- Wooden Boat Builder
- Yacht Builder
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
10 courses found.
|MSS40322: Certificate IV in Competitive Systems and Practices|
|MSS40316: Certificate IV in Competitive Systems and Practices|
|MSS30322: Certificate III in Competitive Systems and Practices|
|MSS30316: Certificate III in Competitive Systems and Practices|
|MSA40108: Certificate IV in Manufacturing Technology|
|MSA30208: Certificate III in Manufacturing Technology|
|MEM20322: Certificate II in Boating Services|
|MEM20305: Certificate II in Boating Services|
MEM10222: Certificate I in Boating Services
|MEM10205: Certificate I in Boating Services|