Operates equipment to pump oil and gas from wellheads, and refine and process petroleum products.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
- controlling equipment performing continuous and batch processes to process chemicals and natural gas, manufacture refined petroleum products, and blend petroleum base stocks to produce commercial fuels, lubricating oils and asphalt
- controlling the preparation, measuring and feeding of raw material and processing agents such as catalysts and filtering media into plant
- patrolling and inspecting equipment to ensure proper operation and setting operating controls on equipment
- analysing samples and readings and recording test data
- controlling records of production, quantities transferred and details of blending and pumping operations
- checking equipment for malfunctions and arranging maintenance
- operating power generation plant controls to produce required load
- monitoring operation of power generation plant and interpreting instrument readings
- authorising procedures to isolate high-voltage and low-voltage electrical apparatus and plant
- writing reports and maintaining records on equipment performance, instrument readings and switching operations
- carrying out routine operating tests
- Oil and Gas Well Treatment Operator
- Oil, Gas and Pipe Tester
- Petroleum and Gas Refining and Pumping Operator
- Gas Compressor Turbine Operator
- Petroleum Blending Plant Operator
- Petroleum Terminal Plant Operator
- Refinery Pipeline Operator
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
6 courses found.
|MSS40322: Certificate IV in Competitive Systems and Practices|
|MSS40316: Certificate IV in Competitive Systems and Practices|
|MSS30322: Certificate III in Competitive Systems and Practices|
|MSS30316: Certificate III in Competitive Systems and Practices|
|MSA40108: Certificate IV in Manufacturing Technology|
|MSA30208: Certificate III in Manufacturing Technology|