Provides care and supervision for children in programs, such as long day care and occasional care, in childcare centres, hospitals and educational centres. Registration or licensing may be required.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
- assisting in the preparation of materials and equipment for children's education and recreational activities
- managing children's behaviour and guiding children's social development
- preparing and conducting activities for children
- entertaining children by reading and playing games
- supervising children in recreational activities
- supervising the daily routine of children
- supervising the hygiene of children
- Child Care Aide
- Child Care Group Leader (Aus) (Skill Level 2)
- Children's Nursery Assistant
- Creche Attendant
- Early Childhood Worker
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
6 courses found.
CHC50121: Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
CHC30121: Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
52853WA: Diploma of International Children's Services
11206NAT: Diploma of Montessori Early Childhood Education
11024NAT: Certificate III in Montessori Early Childhood Education
10987NAT: Diploma of Teaching in Montessori Education