Prepares patients for dental examination and assists Dental Practitioners, Hygienists and Therapists in providing care and treatment.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
- receiving and preparing patients
- arranging and handing instruments, medication, and other dental requisites to Dental Practitioners
- preparing dental materials and processing X-rays
- using suction devices and water sprays
- performing routine maintenance on equipment
- sterilising and preventing cross infection of equipment
- may advise patients on dental health education and post-operative care and procedures
- may act as receptionist for Dental Practitioners
- may perform billing and other clerical tasks
- Dental Chairside Assistant
- Dental Nurse
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
3 courses found.
HLT45021: Certificate IV in Dental Assisting
|HLT45015: Certificate IV in Dental Assisting|
|HLT35021: Certificate III in Dental Assisting|