Serves food and beverages in a hotel, restaurant, club or dining establishment.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
- setting and arranging tables
- greeting customers and presenting them with menus and beverage lists
- taking orders and relaying them to kitchen and bar staff
- serving food and beverages
- opening bottles and pouring beverages
- clearing tables and returning dishes and cutlery to kitchen
- removing empty bottles and used glasses from tables, and refilling and replacing glasses
- collecting payments for sales and operating point of sales machines and cash registers
- may recommend wines to complement food
- Food and Beverage Attendant
- Drink Waiter
- Formal Service Waiter
- Silver Service Waiter
- Wine Steward
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
4 courses found.
|SIT30622: Certificate III in Hospitality|
|SIT30616: Certificate III in Hospitality|
|SIT20322: Certificate II in Hospitality|
|SIT20316: Certificate II in Hospitality|