Provides skin analyses, facial therapies, skin-care treatments and body treatments such as massage to clients.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
- discussing client needs, analysing skin characteristics and advising on suitable skin care, treatments and application of make-up
- applying general cosmetic and corrective make-up
- performing manicures and pedicures including decorative nail art, application of artificial nails, nail repair, and other specialised hand and foot treatments
- performing facial and body treatments such as massages
- treating unwanted hair through waxing, bleaching, tinting, depilation and electrolysis
- evaluating beauty therapy processes and products
- receiving bookings, arranging appointments and maintaining client records
- providing advice on and selling cosmetic products
- Electrologist (Hair Remover)
- Nail Technician
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
7 courses found.
SHB60221: Advanced Diploma of Skin Therapy
SHB60118: Advanced Diploma of Intense Pulsed Light and Laser for Hair Reduction
|SHB40121: Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy|
|SHB30321: Certificate III in Nail Technology|
11131NAT: Graduate Certificate in Cosmetic Lasers and Dermal Therapies
10930NAT: Advanced Diploma of Dermal Science and Therapies
10781NAT: Advanced Diploma of Cosmetic Laser and Light Therapies