Instructs individuals and groups in the theory and application of driving motor vehicles. Registration or licensing is required.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
- instructing students under actual driving conditions, and explaining and demonstrating the operation of brakes, clutch, gear selection, automatic transmission, signals and lights
- teaching road traffic regulations
- teaching road craft and road safety
- advising students when they are ready to undergo driving examination
- may advise on and teach advanced driving techniques required for emergency situations
- may illustrate and explain handling and mechanical operation of motor vehicles and driving techniques using blackboard diagrams and audiovisual aids
- Motorcycle Riding Instructor
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
One course found.
|TLI41222: Certificate IV in Motor Vehicle Driver Training|