Greets patients and other clients in a health facility, such as a clinic, practice, centre or surgery, and responds to personal, telephone and written inquiries and requests.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
- greeting and welcoming visitors, and directing them to the appropriate person
- arranging and recording details of appointments
- answering inquiries and providing information on the goods, services and activities of the organisation
- answering, connecting and transferring telephone calls
- receiving and resolving complaints from clients and the public
- receiving and distributing correspondence, facsimile messages and deliveries
- maintaining the reception area
- advising on and arranging reservations and accommodation
- may perform other clerical tasks such as word processing, data entry, filing, mail despatch and photocopying
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
2 courses found.
|HLT47715: Certificate IV in Medical Practice Assisting|
|HLT37315: Certificate III in Health Administration|