This occupation group covers Cleaners not elsewhere classified. Occupations include: Chimney Sweep; Graffiti Cleaner; High Pressure Cleaner; Swimming Pool Cleaner
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below. AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
- cleaning carpets and upholstered furniture using cleaning machines and their attachments
- selecting and applying cleaning agents to remove stains from carpets, windows and surfaces
- filling carpet cleaning machines with water and other cleaning agents
- pushing pile-lifting machines over carpets and brushing pile to raise and fluff nap
- treating carpets with soil-repellent chemicals and deodorants, and treating for pests
- using ladders, swinging scaffolds, bosun's chairs, hydraulic bucket trucks and other equipment to reach and clean windows in multi-storey buildings
- cleaning stone walls, metal surfaces, fascias and window frames using high pressure water cleaners and solvents
- applying chemicals and high pressure cleaning methods to remove micro-organisms from water and filtration systems, and using wet vacuums and other suction equipment to remove scale, accumulated dirt and other deposits from swimming pools, cooling tower components and drains
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
One course found.
10829NAT: Certificate II in Air Conditioning Hygiene