Transfers cargo between ships and other forms of transport or storage facilities.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below. AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
- labelling goods with customers' details and destinations
- loading goods into trucks, containers and rail wagons, and securing loads
- assisting to tie down loads and cover them with tarpaulins
- guiding truck drivers into loading bays and through confined spaces
- performing clerical functions to record and check cargo on arrival, storage and despatch
- opening and closing hatches and securing cargo to prevent shifting during voyages
- transferring loads using moving equipment and directing equipment operations using communication systems
- stacking cargo on pallets, trays, flats and slings to facilitate transfer to and from ships
- Wharf Labourer
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
5 courses found.
TLI40421: Certificate IV in Stevedoring Operations
|TLI33518: Certificate III in Stevedoring|
TLI30219: Certificate III in Stevedoring
TLI20321: Certificate II in Stevedoring
MAR20121: Certificate II in Maritime Operations (Linesperson)