Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates the educational and administrative aspects of a department, faculty or school within a university or other tertiary education institution.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least five years of relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- coordinating the educational, administrative and financial affairs of an educational institution or department within the institution
- researching, developing, implementing, reviewing and evaluating educational and administrative policy
- liaising between educational institutions, parents and the wider community
- providing advice on policy and procedures to staff and students
- consulting with academic and administrative staff to coordinate educational programs
- identifying and addressing present and future needs for student and staff development
- researching educational systems and monitoring and evaluating new developments
- researching and reporting on students' needs arising from curriculum implementation
- developing and delivering training programs for teachers
- Dean (University)
- Head Teacher (TAFE) (Aus)
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
No courses found.