This occupation group covers Social Professionals not elsewhere classified. Occupations include: Anthropologist; Criminologist; Geographer; Heritage Consultant; Linguist; Parole Board Member; Political Scientist; Sociologist; Transport Analyst
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- assembling historical data by consulting sources of information such as historical indexes and catalogues, archives, court records, diaries, newspaper files and other materials
- organising, authenticating, evaluating and interpreting historical, political, sociological, anthropological and linguistic data
- undertaking historical and cultural research into human activity, and preparing and presenting research findings
- providing simultaneous and consecutive verbal or signed renditions of speeches into another language
- rendering the meaning and feeling of what is said and signed into another language in the appropriate register and style in a range of settings such as courts, hospitals, schools, workplaces and conferences
- studying original texts and transcripts of recorded spoken material to comprehend subject matter and translating them into another language
- rendering the meaning and feeling of written material, such as literary, legal, technical and scientific texts, into another language in the appropriate register and style, so that it will read as an original piece rather than as a translation
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
7 courses found.
11250NAT: Certificate IV in Wellbeing Science
11144NAT: Diploma of Leadership Coaching and Mentoring
11069NAT: Diploma of Positive Psychology and Wellbeing
10883NAT: Diploma of Life Coaching
10879NAT: Certificate IV in Life Coaching
10857NAT: Certificate IV in Business and Personal Coaching
10803NAT: Certificate III in Indigenous Cultural Heritage Assessment (Indigenous Archaeological Foundations)