Installs, modifies, maintains and repairs complex electronic instruments and control systems which involve a combination of electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic principles. Registration or licensing may be required.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
- examining and testing machines, equipment, instruments and control systems to diagnose faults
- adjusting, repairing, and replacing worn and defective parts and wiring, and maintaining machines, equipment and instruments
- reassembling, test operating and adjusting equipment
- advising users of correct operating procedures to prevent malfunctions
- receiving messages by interpreting code and converting to plain language, and writing and typing messages for transmission
- monitoring radio traffic, and transmitting and receiving voice messages
- installing electronic instruments and control systems
- applying knowledge of electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic principles in commissioning and maintaining control systems
- Industrial Measurement and Control Technician
- Business Machine Mechanic
- Communications Operator
- Electronic Equipment Trades Worker
- Electronic Instrument Trades Worker (General)
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
9 courses found.
UET40421: Certificate IV in ESI - Network Systems
|UEE43220: Certificate IV in Industrial Automation and Control
UEE42220: Certificate IV in Instrumentation and Control
UEE41720: Certificate IV in Rail - Communications and Network Systems
UEE41020: Certificate IV in Energy Management and Control
UEE40920: Certificate IV in Industrial Electronics and Control
UEE40820: Certificate IV in Electrical - Fire Protection Control Systems
|UEE31220: Certificate III in Instrumentation and Control
CPP30821: Certificate III in Fire Protection Inspection and Testing