Prepares and bakes buns, cakes, biscuits and pastry goods.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
- checking the cleanliness of equipment and operation of premises before production runs to ensure compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
- checking the quality of raw materials and weighing ingredients
- kneading, maturing, cutting, moulding, mixing and shaping dough and pastry goods
- preparing pastry fillings
- monitoring oven temperatures and product appearance to determine baking times
- coordinating the forming, loading, baking, unloading, de-panning and cooling of batches of bread, rolls and pastry products
- glazing buns and pastries, and decorating cakes with cream and icing
- operating machines which roll and mould dough and cut biscuits
- emptying, cleaning and greasing baking trays, tins and other cooking equipment
- Cake Decorator
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
5 courses found.