Assists Kaiako Kohanga Reo (Maori Language Nest Teachers) with teaching duties and activities in the Maori language for children at pre-primary or early childhood level with emphasis given to Tikanga Maori (Maori custom).
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
- demonstrating, supervising and participating in activities which enhance the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of children in schools and preschool centres
- preparing indoor and outdoor areas for learning and recreational activities
- assisting children with intellectual, physical and behavioural difficulties with their academic studies
- assisting children individually to learn social skills
- assisting with preparing teaching aids, and copying and collating written and printed material
- distributing and collecting lesson material
- providing assistance to small groups of Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Maori students
- providing home-school liaison and counselling for Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Maori students and their families
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education Worker
- Integration Aide
- Kaiawhina Kura Kaupapa Maori (Maori-medium School Assistant)
- Preschool Aide
- Teachers' Aide
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
One course found.
10920NAT: Course in Volunteer Literacy Tutoring at Secondary School Level