Provides routine personal care services to people in a range of health care facilities or in a person's home.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
- assisting patients with their personal care needs such as showering, dressing and eating
- assisting patients with their mobility and communication needs
- participating in planning the care of individuals
- following therapy plans such as interventions to assist those with dementia and behavioural problems
- observing and reporting changes in patients' condition, and reporting complaints about care
- assisting with rehabilitation exercises, basic treatment and delivering medications
- providing direct support and assistance to therapists
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
4 courses found.
22630VIC: Certificate III in Community Services, Health Support and Digital Technologies
22503VIC: Course in Providing Support to People Using Ventilators and C-PAP Machines
11230NAT: Certificate II in Pregnancy, Birth and Postnatal Companionship
10993NAT: Certificate IV in Dementia Practice