Answers inquiries and directs and guides visitors in a gallery or museum.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
- meeting and greeting visitors
- controlling visitors' access to exhibits
- ensuring safety of collections
- maintaining attendance records
- planning and rearranging schedules and itineraries
- planning, organising and conducting tours
- arranging transportation and accommodation for visitors following planned itineraries
- arranging entry to places of interest
- answering questions, providing commentaries, issuing brochures and tour literature, showing audiovisual presentations, and explaining features and procedures at tour sites
- may assist with installing and dismantling exhibits
- Gallery or Museum Attendant
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
No courses found.