Plays football professionally in competitions. This occupation requires high levels of physical fitness, sporting ability and personal commitment as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience. Registration or licensing is required.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
- maintaining a high degree of expertise in a particular sport
- attending regular practice sessions and undertaking private training to maintain the required standard of fitness
- deciding on strategies in consultation with coaches
- assessing other competitors and conditions at venues
- competing in sporting events
- adhering to the rules and regulations associated with a specific sport
- promoting water safety awareness and undertaking rescue of persons in difficulty in the water
- undertaking sports promotional activities and television appearances
- Australian Rules Footballer
- Rugby League Footballer
- Rugby Union Footballer
- Soccer Player
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
One course found.