Examines and assesses the entry of people from other countries, administers visas and residency applications according to immigration legislation, rules and policies, and, where necessary, uses legal powers to detain and remove illegal entrants.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
- searching aircraft, vehicles, premises and people, and checking documents and goods to detect illegal activities such as undocumented cargo, prohibited goods and illegal aliens
- examining and assessing visas and residency applications
- testing applicants' ability to operate a motor vehicle, assessing applicants' suitability to hold learner's permits and probationary licences, and issuing learner's permits and probationary licences
- identifying pest and weed problems and determining treatments and management
- assessing claims for government benefits
- carrying out random checks of taxation documents to detect non-compliance with taxation legislation
- conducting visual checks of the mechanical, structural, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems of railway wagons, carriages and locomotives for condition and correct classification
- ensuring that train, tram and bus services are provided according to schedule, monitoring the cleanliness, presentation and condition of vehicles, and recommending improvements and changes to services
- receiving and assessing applications for licences to use water, investigating the ability of water resources to meet new requirements, and conducting site inspections
- Customs Officer
- Inspectors and Regulatory Officers Nec
- Motor Vehicle Licence Examiner
- Noxious Weeds and Pest Inspector
- Social Security Assessor
- Taxation Inspector
- Train Examiner
- Transport Operations Inspector
- Water Inspector
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
One course found.
CSC30222: Certificate III in Immigration Detention Operations