Sorts, cleans, irons, folds and packages linen, clothing and other garments in a commercial laundry.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below. AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
- sorting articles for cleaning according to the type, colour, fabric and cleaning treatment required
- placing sorted articles into receptacles and onto conveyor belts for moving to repair and cleaning areas
- checking and removing stains from garments, and replacing buttons and making minor repairs
- loading and unloading washing machines, driers and extractors
- adding cleaning agents and starches to articles
- smoothing articles and guiding them through cleaning and pressing machines
- stopping and starting machines to untangle, straighten and remove articles
- ironing and pressing clean articles
- placing articles on shelves and hanging articles for delivery and collection
- packaging articles and preparing orders for despatch
- Folding Machine Operator
- Linen Sorter
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.