Performs routine tasks in erecting and repairing structures and facilities on building and construction sites and in factories producing prefabricated building components.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below. AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
- loading and unloading building and construction materials, tools and equipment and transporting them around building sites
- erecting and dismantling temporary structures such as barricades and scaffolding
- mixing, pouring and spreading materials such as concrete, plaster and mortar
- using ladders, swinging scaffolds, bosun's chairs, hydraulic bucket trucks and other equipment to reach and demolish multi-storey structures
- cleaning and carrying out minor repairs on stormwater drains and canals, and checking for cracks and leaks in sewerage systems
- digging holes and shovelling excavated material onto conveyors, wheelbarrows and trucks for removal
- spreading and levelling soil, gravel and sand on roads and driveways, trench bottoms and similar locations
- assisting with assembling and installing piping, valves and fittings
- assisting with installing fixtures such as toilets, wash basins and sprinkler systems
- Construction Worker
- Bricklayer's Assistant
- Carpenter's Assistant
- Tiler's Assistant
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
4 courses found.
CPC20220: Certificate II in Construction Pathways
CPC20120: Certificate II in Construction
52893WA: Certificate II in Building and Construction (Pathway - Trades)
52825WA: Certificate II in Building and Construction (Pathway - Para Professional)